- Beijing is one big motherfucking city.
- My stomach is not entirely capable of parsing the language of Chinese food (though it all tastes very good).
- People who drive in Beijing, with few exceptions, are certifiably insane.
- What they don’t tell you about the Great Wall is that it is freaking steep at places. It basically goes up the sides of mountains at 35 degree angles. It’s also an amazing sight to behold.
- There is a huge disparity between the rich and the poor, and this disparity creates almost incomprehensible differences in cost of goods. An espresso at Starbucks = 50 yuan = ~$6.00. Our all-you-can-eat Dim Sum breakfast at our hotel = 2 yuan = ~$0.24 per person.
- Speaking of Starbucks, there is one in the middle of the Forbidden City. That’s some hardcore marketing right there.
- Peking Duck is quite a treat.
- I would like to go back.
Thanks much to Mush, Jenny, and Josh at the IGDEA for such a wonderful opportunity.